Sunday, August 19, 2007

Not much longer to wait. . .

We're getting nearer the date of our departure. I've had a "to do" list for weeks, and now it's time to start "doing", rather than just listing.

I guess it's good that I have lots of things to do between now and then. If I'm busy, maybe I won't have time to worry aimlessly over random, vague travel-associated things. On the other hand, I'm already wishing I'd done some of this stuff earlier. Oh well! That's always the way things go. I could have completed everything on my list, and still there'd be something else to be done.

Donald spoke with his mother today, confirming the time we'll be arriving in Gothenburg. Come to think of it, I'm not sure what time we'll be arriving. Sometime in the afternoon. Then there's a three hour (or so) ride up to Säffle.

For those less familiar with the lay of the land, here are a couple of maps borrowed from Google. Säffle is indicated by the green arrow. Oh, and "Gothenburg" is an Anglified version of Göteborg (which explains why you don't see "Gothenburg" on these maps).

This map shows where those cities are in relation to Sweden as a whole:

Well. . . There's nothing more to say, and lots more to do, so it's probably time to get up and "do".

No comments: